Documents needed to set up an account
The documents needed to open an Offshore banking account will usually be the same for nearly every country. The major difference will be the initial cost of setting up the account, and the minimum balance to open the account. Every bank is different, and you should shop around to find the account that fits you. Below you will find the most common documents you may need to set up the account. The bank will send you the forms needed to start the process.
- Verification of a permanent address (example an electricity bill or other utility bill).
- The bank account opening forms duly filled and signed.
- Identification; a picture ID such as a (certified) copy of the passport or drivers license for all signatories to the account.
- A bank reference (a letter confirming that you hold a personal account in any bank) for all signatories.
- Certified copy of all charter documents of the company;
- A Resolution of the board of directors which appoints the Bankers;
- Completed application forms for the offshore account to be opened;
- Notarized copy of a valid passport for each account signatory, shareholder and director. (The notarization must contain the contact information on the notary public)
- Proof of a permanent address for each signatory such as; a recent utility bill, a credit card statement etc.
- A bank reference on each signatory, director and shareholder to the account. The reference must be on a letter head of the issuing institution and the name and position of the signing officer on the reference.
- In case the company issued bearer shares the original share certificate has to be kept with the bank.